Pages

January 27, 2009

Can't forget it.

I woke up early today to do homework because I was too tired to do it last night. After about an hour of it, I decided to take a break and get a Hot Mocha Cappuccino...mmmm. There's a donut shop close to where I live and I love going there to buy something to eat (Yeah, I eat on my breaks...too bad I take a lot of breaks). The Donut Shop opens and closes early, about 4:30 AM to 2PM everyday, so the only time I really get to go there is before school.

As I got my Hot Mocha Cappuccino, I bought it size large, I began to remember something about the shop, kind of like Dejavu. I remember going to the same donut shop about a while back ago, probably like 3 years ago during one morning for summer. I remember that summer, I was very motivated to wake up early and exercise...see how well that turned out ; ). Haha. So I remember going there to buy the drink I love the most there, a fairly cheap drink, and you probably guessed it, a Hot Mocha Cappuccino.

Here's why I didn't just forget that morning, what made that morning I'll always remember. That morning buying my drink, I remember having money, but not enough money. I was short like 50 or 75 cents. I had thought I had enough for the money, but I remember that I didn't, and the counter lady already made my perfect drink. I didn't have my license yet, so I couldn't just go to my car and get extra change. I was a little embarrassed to not have enough money, because she already made my drink and all...

Then there was one lady behind me, saw my situation, and told the lady at the counter "I'll pay the rest of his amount". And then I looked back and said...well first I was shocked, then happy, then embarrassed a little, and said, "Are you sure? I'm sorry to have kept the line" - "No, it's okay! Don't worry about it *Smile*". She interrupted my apology.

I smiled and said "Thank you so much! I promise I'll pay you back! Thank you!".

I came back the next day, around the same time, and the day after, hoping to catch that same lady so I can pay her back for her kindness. She paid for a total stranger. I never saw her again.

I'll never forget it. It definitely made my morning, I remember. : )

Wherever she is now, I don't know, but she taught me a lesson. Free kindness makes an impact on people. God Bless her. Who said chivalry is dead?

No comments:

Post a Comment