Pages

January 22, 2009

Unwavering

2009 brought a lot of new things to my life, even though the year is young. I know how it feels like to go to class for 4 periods, and I swear it feels like my day is a lot longer. I always had that break class during third period, but I just have to get used to it. I'm bombarded with homework consistently every night, I always thought my senior year was going to be easier than this, but I got to do it. I'll finish strong, end high school with a little more pride than if I had just slacked off.

Something pretty new, and I don't want to jinx it, is my sleeping pattern! Random, but so far throughout the year I haven't excessively overslept. Many times I wake up without an alarm clock, and it feels great. It's like I have an internal alarm clock, and I'm thankful I can wake up. I wonder how life would be different if I didn't need to sleep, I think I would get so much more done! But then, if I never needed to sleep, then I could never go to bed at the end of the night, head on my pillow and say "Today was a good day, I did a lot for me and others. Thank God".

I still love to drive, I don't know how some people get tired of it. Maybe I'm just too young still to get tired of it. At the end of a long, and sometimes stressful day, I like to drive in silence. It's really therapeutic. We are all too consumed by the noise of the day, and I really get annoyed by too much noise.

I read this in a book somewhere...
"It's okay to lend a helping hand, but the challenge is asking them to let go".

When I am really helpful, I give a lot of effort into the hand I'm lending. Some people take too much of it, they get used to me always helping them out, and never let go. They grab on to all the charity, but never understood that with charity comes a learning experience, a gratis to encourage them to pay the deed forward, and humility. I'm getting tired of giving out fish. I want to make people fishermen - the footsteps of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment